Translate

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Ciudad del Este, Paraguay

My friend and I left at 1am from Asuncion to get to Ciudad del Este.  Its a border city between Paraguay and Brazil.  There is a LOT of good shopping to do there.  Its quite interesting because when you buy something at a shop you have the option to pay in FOUR different currencies: Paraguayan Guarani, Brazilian Reals, US dollars, and Argentinean Pesos.  I don't think I have ever been to a city where you have the option to pay in 4 different currencies.  Then my friend and I went to Monday Waterfall.  It was amazing and had a lot more water than I expected. Then we went to a barbecue for the football (soccer) game between Paraguay and Brazil.  I watched the first half and then we left because we were going to see the Itaipu Dam lit up at night.  At that time Brazil was winning 1-0.  When we arrived to the guest area there were a bunch of people watching a tiny television.  I looked to see the score and saw that it was tied up at 1-1 and they had already played the overtime so it would be decided by penalty kicks.  It was really close, but in the end Paraguay won!!!! Everyone was really excited and the atmosphere was amazing!  Then we went to see the dam and it was very beautiful.  Then we met my friend's friend at a restaurant.  After that we went to a bar for some drinks.  I can't believe all the things I did in one day.  It was such an eventful day and I was able to meet a lot of cool people!


downtown

reminded me of vietnam

selling food from a trunk of a car

meat

border between Brazil

shopping, shopping, shopping

Paraguay

Paraguay   6300

Brazil (Silvas)

Monday Waterfall

so much water

beautiful

Paraguay

Paraguay

Paraguay

Paraguay

Paraguay

Paraguay

Paraguay

random statue

Paraguay

Paraguay

Paraguay   6310

Paraguay

Paraguay

Paraguay

Paraguay

Paraguay wins!!!

Itaipu dam lit up


Paraguay

Paraguay

Paraguay

Paraguay

Paraguay

Paraguay   6320

No comments:

Post a Comment