Translate

Monday, November 21, 2016

Namjatown and Kawaii Monster Cafe

This weekend I wanted to do really kawaii Japanese things.  On Saturday, I went to Namjatown in Sunshine City with a couchsurfer.  I went there to try weird flavors of ice cream.  Unfortunately a lot of the strange flavors were sold out.  The flavors I ended up having was tulip(flower), avocado, sweet potato, marscapone(cheese), vanilla bourbon, and kombu(seaweed).  It was a fun day.  Then on Sunday I went with a group of couchsurfers to the Kawaii Monster Cafe in Harajuku.  I had done some research earlier in the week and I saw that there was a coupon at the tourist information for free table charge (normally 500 yen/person) so before meeting everyone I got the coupon.  We had to wait a while because we were a big group but once we were in, it seemed like it was a completely different world.  The colors were so bright and beautiful.  The performers were great sports and put on my glasses.  However, one of the girls hair was too big so she couldn't put them on.  The other performer had such wonderful make-up that he didn't want to mess it up, so he put them on his head.  The food on the menu was quite unique to the cafe.  It was an awesome afternoon!

weird ice cream flavors

cotton candy christmas tree

me with one of the mascots

Denmark

entrance to the monster cafe

Japan

in front of the merry-go-round

wall decorations

in the bathroom

cool booths

England  7780

Norway

fries with "paint" sauces

burger set

the group

India

the performance

Mexico

Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Japan

Japan

Germany

Japan  7789

No comments:

Post a Comment