Translate

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Reunion+International Picnic

Five years ago, on my second trip to the Philippines, I met an amazing girl and her husband (boyfriend at the time).  We became good friends and she even invited me to come to her hometown for Christmas later in the year. I met her family and all her friends.  Three years ago, when I was in Japan I got to meet her mother.  Recently she was living in Japan, so once I got my job I wanted to surprise her.  However, she went back to the Philippines and will return to Japan after I leave.  Unfortunately I haven`t been able to meet up with her since we spent Christmas together 5 years ago!  On Sunday, I was able to meet up with her mother, husband and her mother`s friends. It turned out to be a very international picnic.  There was lots of DELICIOUS food!!!  I even got to try some food from MALI!!!! The person who cooked the food from Mali was kind enough to put some extra in another container so I could bring it home!!!! It was sooo good and now I have a couple of meals worth of food!!!  On the menu was chicken adobo, fried shrimp, and bbq shrimp from the Philippines.  The dish from Mali was a lamb stew with sweet potato and eggplant that you put on top of rice.  It was so nice because I actually have never met anyone from Mali, so now I have another nationality represented on my blog. And for dessert we had something Indian, jalebi.  Thank you all so very much and I can`t wait for our next picnic!!!!

picnic time minus the mali food
the international group

India

Mali

Mali

Philippines  7774
my filipino family

dance time

my new car

No comments:

Post a Comment