Translate

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Christmas in Czech

A friend of mine whom I met 4 years ago invited me to join her and her mother for Christmas in their cottage.  I was thankful for this because my father went back to California to spend Christmas with my mother.  My friend's mother made so many delicious Christmas cookies.  I can't remember the last time I ate so many cookies in two days!  For my stomach it felt like a Christmas at home because I made Japanese curry to share and my friend's mother made potato salad and fried carp.  So, it was a mixture of Japanese food and Czech food, just like home!  Another great thing is that I got to ask my friend's mother's husband questions and pointers for my trip to Tunisia.  Then on the 26th I went back to Prague and I was lucky enough to meet up with a friend whom I met 6 years ago while we were teaching English in Japan.  The last time I saw her was 3 years ago, so it was great to catch up and meet her fiancé.

Slovakia

Tunisia

USA  7828

reunion!

view from vyšehrad

Prague castle in the distance

No comments:

Post a Comment