Translate

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Sau Bo Said and Monastir Tunisia

I went with a couch surfer to Tunis, Sau Bo Said, and Carthage.  We did a LOT of walking and saw so many different and beautiful sights. At the end of the day, I got to try some traditional Tunisian food. It was pretty good and nothing like I have ever eaten before. It was a great day.  The next day the weather was much better.  I went to Monastir with a friend.  The sights were quite impressive and we even got to go into a place that was closing.  My friend lied to the guard and told him that I had come all the way from Tunis to check the place out.  It was awesome getting to walk around and see everything.  It was a nice day in Monastir.

Sau Bo Said

couldn't get enough of the view

great traditional food

water so clear!

super old door

the plaza at Monastir

clear day

the place we got to enter even though they were closed for the day

the main attractions in Monastir

nice gate

going inside

the FIRST Tunisian (according to the ID card)

gotta get him to wear the glasses obviously!

empty

the man's remains were in there

sun setting

gates of the city

decided not to go in because the sun was setting

next to the sea

reminded me of home

nice sunset

orange

Monastir

No comments:

Post a Comment