Translate

Friday, January 20, 2017

Love Trumps Hate: Sign Making (Prague, Czech Republic)

My friend in the states told me that she was going to join the Women's March in Washington.  I looked online and it seemed that there are over 600 sister cities around the world that will show their support.  There happen to be one in Prague, so I decided that I should join.  Last night, I went to the Greenpeace Headquarters and worked on some signs that will be used on Saturday.  The Prague Solidarity Rally will be happening at Vaclavske namesti tomorrow (Saturday January 21st) at 12pm.  The day I found out Trump won the Presidential election, I was teaching at a Women's University in Japan.  The entire day my coworkers (whom were from other countries) were updating me with what was going on with the election.  I told them not to worry because there was no way he was going to win.  When I finished my last class and opened the classroom door to leave, my Australian coworker just looked at me with eyes full of pity and said, "It happened". I knew exactly what she meant and I was relieved that I didn't have any more classes to teach because there was no way i would've been able to focus.  I just went home and thought I would wake up from my nightmare.  Nope.   Anyways, lets join together in Solidarity tomorrow and have a peaceful demonstration.  Hopefully our voices will be heard around the world.

working on posters

USA

Canada 7870

Czech Republic

USA

USA

Czech Republic

China

USA

USA

USA

USA  7879

No comments:

Post a Comment