Translate

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Mosque in Tokyo and Egyptian Food

Everyday at lunch time I get out of the office and walk to the pond in Ueno.  The lotus flowers have been so beautiful lately and I have been taking as many pictures as possible to capture them.  I am so lucky to have gorgeous views during my lunch break.  On my way to work everyday I have seen a mosque from the train and I have been interested to see what it looks like inside.  At work I came across a webpage that was talking about the best falafels in Tokyo.  One of the places mentioned was an Egyptian restaurant, Uchimura .  I went to Egypt in February of this year, so I decided I should check out the restaurant.  I went with two other couchsurfers.  First we checked out the mosque and then we went to the restaurant.  The place was small, but really comfortable.  The owner, Kumi, was really nice.  She used to live in Egypt 25 years ago and her husband is Egyptian, so she really knows how to cook Egyptian cuisine.  Right before leaving the place I needed to use the restroom, so Kumi let me use the toilet in her house, which is right next door.  I had a great time and the food was delicious.  Thanks for the hospitality and nice conversations.  I'll be back to Uchimura in September.


one in bloom and another on the way

hiding

awesome color

completely filled with lotus

air bubbles in the water

inside the mosque

nice artwork

nice chandelier

prayer time

my falafel sandwich

everyone's food

Turkey  8237

pictures of the food items

Malta

Japan   8239

the entire menu

No comments:

Post a Comment