Translate

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Daily Chico (mega 8 flavor ice cream cone)

For some time now I have been seeing images of the colossal 8 flavors ice cream served in Tokyo.  It looked pretty good and the price looked amazing, so I had to check it out.  I had seen on several sites stating that it was in Nakano Broadway and a bit difficult to find.  I can speak Japanese, so I knew it wouldn't be that difficult for me. I just needed to get to Nakano Broadway.  As soon as I walked in I saw that there was an information booth.  I didn't hesitate and asked the man where Daily Chico (the name of the soft serve place) was.  He gave me great directions and I was there in no time.  If you cant speak Japanese and want  to go there all you need to do is go to get to Nakano Station and take the North Exit.  Then walk straight into a covered street.  At the end of that street it will lead you into Nakano Broadway.  Walk into the place and then you will see the information booth on the right.  Just past the information booth there are stairs and you need to walk down them.  Take your immediate right and then right again and walk down a little bit.  You will see people eating ice cream and if not, you will see a big cone telling you that you can't go further with your ice cream.....the place will be on the right of that cone.   For the mega 8 flavors it only costs 490 yen!!!!!  What a bargain!!!  The flavors that were available when I went were (from top to bottom on my cone)  chocolate, vanilla, coffee, strawberry, ramune (japanese soda), calpis (japanese soft drink), grape and green tea.  The order of the flavors worked perfectly!!!  And they all tasted great!! I don't drink coffee and I thought the coffee flavor was quite nice!  And of course to end on green tea was PERFECT!  I highly recommend going to this place!  Really nice summertime treat.  Next time I go I will def get a much smaller cone!!!! (but of course i am happy i got the megacone.....once is enough though, haha)


flavors and prices

with the humidity, the ice cream started to melt quite quickly

beautiful layers



France 8205

Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment