Translate

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Bake Neko(supernatural cat) Festival tokyo, japan

A friend of mine found a Halloween parade that was happening on Sunday where everyone had to dress up like a cat.  I didn't have anything going on for that day, so I decided to go.  I was able to use a t-shirt a friend of mine gave me before going to Japan.  The event took place on the main street of Kagurazaka.  Apparently, the reason why everyone must dress up like a cat is because the area is close to the home of the cat from the Natsume Soseki's novel “I am a Cat”. I really didn't know what to expect from this event, but it was so much better than I thought it would be.  It was a great opportunity to get a good number of photos for my blog of people wearing their best cat outfit.  It was good fun even though it was raining.  There's always something interesting going on in Tokyo!!  It's a bit early to start the Halloween celebrations, but bring it on!
England (already pictured)
USA   8525
meow
getting directions from a cat!
if you caught the characters at the bottom, you get a treat
a stroller for a cat.....
everyone wanting to pose with space cat and chester the cat
Japan (I "caught" the guy, so he gave me some candy, haha)
kimono and cat masks
Japan (giant hello kitty head)
Japan
no idea what character this is
Canada
mascots for the parade
of course i had to get a photo with them!
Japan   8530
Japan
Japan
Japan
Japan
Japan
Japan
a band playing nice music
close up
a cat hat
a wedding was happening inside the temple
Japan
Japan
Norway
Japan   8540
Japan
his kids!
USA
Japan
she wanted to pose with me
Japan
and this lady wanted to pose with me too
Japan
Japan   8546
how in the world could the lady see through the mask?
preparations 
piper band
what in the world?!
human cats everywhere
part of our group
beginning of the parade
three headed dog?!
flag of prussia???
why are they carrying these flags
why do they have these patches?
how did this man walk in those shoes the whole time???
awesome drum band
happy people in the parade
two different colored eyes
cool make-up
interesting masks
just a giant cat head....
how does this person go to the toilet??
this cat stayed on the man's shoulders the WHOLE day!
end of the parade (the tail of the parade)
pikachu???

No comments:

Post a Comment