Translate

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Nagano, Japan (day 1)

I was able to get the Friday off work, so I wanted to take advantage of the day off.  I looked at the map of Japan and tried to decide where I wanted to go. First, I looked at prices for transportation and it seemed my best choice would be Nagano.  I was able to find a round trip bus ticket from Tokyo to Nagano for only 5,800 yen.  If I had bought my ticket a couple days earlier it would’ve been just 4,300 yen.  Oh, well.  I set off early on Friday morning and was able to get to Nagano at 11:30am.  The bus was very comfortable and even had coverings on all the seats for privacy when you sleep.  I took advantage of the covering and slept most of the way there.  Since I arrived before lunch, I was able to take full advantage of the way and walk all over the city.  I went to the main temple, Zenkoji, and walked all over.  It was really beautiful and it was so nice to be able to take my time.  Then I saw another temple in the distance on a hill, so I decided to go to that as well.  While walking back to the downtown area of Nagano I came across some traditional food from the area, oyaki diumplings.  They were delicious and I made it a point to eat as many of these as I could because I have never seen them in Tokyo. Unfortunately, it really started to rain in the afternoon so I had to take shelter in the numerous shops around the city.  It was a really nice day just sight-seeing around Nagano. (the photos are out of order because I was taking photos on my camera and my phone)

the night before I tried these kit kats: cough drop flavor and adolescent citrus
cool red temple

nice mountains views
quiet streets
Buddha
entrance to the temple

another temple
temple in the distance
spider lilies

another temple
the main temple
started to rain

nice bridge
selfie time
Buddhas
nice colors
people's wishes on display
year of the cow
incense burning in front of the temple

nice views
temple
temple in the distance
cemetery in the distance

saw this temple in the distance
on the door of a temple


great sight
nice rose
cemetery
locked gate for....???
nice view of the temple in the distance
red leaves
maple leaves starting to change color
view of the temple from the side
Buddha's footprints
nice reflections
sake containers
nice
lily pads
another temple
oyaki on the outside

yummy oyaki with mountain vegetables
shoes put in front of the temple
empty streets
slowly starting to change colors
colors starting to change
awesome colors
hmmmmm
getting ready for Halloween
empty streets
from when the Olympics were in Nagano
god of luck
maybe that's why i like italians, haha

No comments:

Post a Comment