Translate

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Snow Monkey Park Nagano, Japan

I first started the day with a delicious lunch.  The lunch combination was great.  Nagano is known for their soba, so I wanted to eat some soba.  The two other restaurants that my friend and I tried to go to were really busy and I had a bus to catch, so we had to go to one that would let us in right away.  The lunch combo was soba noodles with tonkatsu.  The sauce on the tonkatsu was absolutely amazing!!  After lunch, I went on the express bus that cost 1,400 yen to get to the Snow Monkey Park.  Only two people got off the bus at the Snow Monkey Park station, myself and a Chinese girl.  Since I had to catch the bus back to Shinjuku later that afternoon, I had limited time and I rushed to the park.  The walk from the bus stop to the park was approximately 25-30 minutes so I hurried off.  Before even entering the park I saw two monkeys sitting on the walkway.  One had stolen fruit and had a bag of bananas and a box of expensive grapes.  The monkey knew to peel the bananas and only to eat the flesh of the grapes.  The monkey was spitting out the skin from the grapes.  It was so funny to watch.  Then I finally paid my 800 yen at the entrance and walked to the onsen area.  Unfortunately, it wasn’t cold enough so the monkeys were not actually in the onsen. They were just walking around the area, fighting and drinking water from the onsen.  It was really cool to see all the monkeys and I was glad that I went to the park that day. I probably took too many photos, but oh well!  On the way back to Nagano I took the express train which cost 1,240 yen.  It was a very comfortable train and I am happy that I took the train back.  As soon as I got back to Nagano Station I quickly bought more oyaki for my bus journey and had to go to the bus terminal to catch my bus back.  It was a great weekend in Nagano!

delicious lunch set!!!
Japan  8503
map of the park
walkway in the forest you must walk to get to the park
nice trees
i decided to try water that tastes like milk tea......
i enjoyed the views
almost there
and the  first monkey spotted of the day
close up
another monkey that stole food
opening a box of grapes
it knew to spit out the skin of the grapes
i think he wanted the other monkey to share, but it didn't
eating a banana
devouring the banana
eating grapes
poor guy didn't get any of the fruit

natural small geyser
cool looking guesthouse
geyser with the river
so many paths to take
entrance to the park
another monkey spotted
just chilling
oh, lots of monkeys
cleaning and feeding
intense cleaning
everyone cleaning
and another
some monkeys behind me
relaxed
baby!
looks a bit rough
i only got to see them drink water from the onsen and not actually go in....
poser
they walked so close to us
holding on while mother drinks
so many!!!
this one was in a fight
thinking about things
close up
the floating thing in the water is his poop
they all decided to run somewhere
chilling
had to get a photo with a monkey kinda close by
more monkeys behind me
chilling by the river
so close in front of me
monkeys and humans
reflections
so cute!
China  8504
what nests are these?
river by the main onsen
don't take my photo
bye cutie!
the troop
see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil
feeding time
exit sign at the park
shrine before the park
the train
inside the express train back to Nagano

beautiful countryside
covering each seat had on the bus

No comments:

Post a Comment