Translate

Friday, January 19, 2018

"beach" day/last day in Haiti

It was a beautiful day to go to the beach.  I thought that I was going to go to a great beach, but that wasn't the case.  PLUS I had to PAY to enter to the "beach".  A full $10 for 3 adults to go, which I ended up having to pay for.  I have NEVER paid to go to a beach in my life and I have been to a good number of beaches all over the world.  Everything in Haiti revolved around money.  How could people make money and get money from you.  I actually decided to cut my trip short because of this fact.  The beach didn't have any sand......just concrete that led to some steps to enter the water.  It was interesting.  I guess an experience I have never had before in my life until Haiti.  I was just thinking, "Ok get me back to Dominican Republic. I need to go back to the great beaches!!!"  Later in the evening I had to hang out in front of the barber shop until the electricity came on in the village.  A concept that I just can't get my head around.  People having smart phones and not electricity.  Priorities are different I guess.  The person who was supposed to drive me back to the bus terminal suddenly said he couldn't, when the whole time that was the plan.  Thankfully, my two friends were able to go with me.  We had to leave the house at 6am.  It took almost 2.5 hours to get to the bus terminal.  I missed the first bus and I thought the only bus of the day.  Luckily there was another bus at 9:30am.  I was ready to go.  If I missed the only bus I was ready to stay the night near the bus terminal because the traffic to the bus terminal was something I didn't want to experience again.  Haiti was definitely an experience, but I would not recommend it as a place for first time travelers to go to.  You really need to be a seasoned traveler to go there.  I am glad I went, but it made me so appreciative of the Dominican Republic because the language, safety, cleanliness, beaches and not so money hungry people.  I know everyone has different experiences while traveling, but this was my experience and I want to say the truth about how I felt.  Thank you to those who made me feel safe and showed me around. 

blue skies!
behind this wall was a sea of trash


I really liked the decorative buses
where is the sand????
sand???
ok, first time i have ever been to a "beach" like this
where is the sand????
oh well, at least the water is a nice color
cool starfish that was surrounded by a bunch of sea urchins
close up, then immediately put it back in the water
at least I have good drinks to chill me out
swimming
coconut I bought from the guy in the boat
Haiti
chilling at the barber shop
Haiti
Haiti  8660
thinking....."why is this lady staring at me???"
had to chill here until the electricity came on in the village
They got me to the bus terminal safe.  Thank you so very much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment