Translate

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Happy New Year from Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

I didn't have plans for New Years and had been thinking about going to the Dominican Republic and Haiti so at the last minute I bought a ticket for a quick little adventure.  I flew into Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.  I had to take 3 local buses to get to the hostel.  It only cost $2 with the buses instead of the $30 a taxi would cost.  I arrived on the 31st.  When I arrived to the hostel I got a welcome Cuba Libre.  It was quite nice.  The hostel was so busy that they had to put me in the next building.  It was great because I had a wonderful room, but at the same time I didnt get to meet anyone.  So, I decided to just have a relaxing New Years eve and just wake up early to watch the sunrise.  Since I was on the east coast I knew the sunrise would be great.  I woke up early and saw an awesome sunrise.  It was a great way to start the New Year.  At the complimentary breakfast I met a woman from Peru and we hung out all day at the beach.  When I came back to my room (I had to change rooms) there was a nice girl from Brazil.  The Brazilian, Peruvian and I hung out and had a good time.  The next day was another beach day.  At night I saw something I had never seen before, which was super cool.  I got to see the moon rise!!!!!! It was absolutely amazing!!!!   Sunrise on the 1st and moonrise on the 2nd.  Really cool way to start the year!  Happy New Year's everyone!! I hope you have a healthy and happy 2018!!!

welcome Cuba Libre
my private room
sunrise
sun about to come up
there it is!!!
Happy 2018!!!
beautiful white sand!
nice colors!
flying boat??!
Peru 8626
glasses on the beach
Brazil
Dominican Republic
Japan/Bolivia
the beer of Dominican Republic
cheers
USA  8630
DELICIOUS FOOD!!!!
Colombia
what is that in the distance?
the moon rising!!!!
awesome!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment