Translate

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Carrefour and Port-au-Prince Haiti

When I woke up after my first night in Haiti, I had mosquito bites ALL over.  I even had bites on both of my eyes.  I had 7 bites on just my face, 12 bites on my left arm and 10 bites on my right arm.  It was absolutely horrible!!  Plus all the bites were swollen, so I basically looked like a monster!!!  The day was beautiful and I was expecting to go to the beach, but the cousin I paid gasoline money to didn't pick up the phone.  It was planned that he was going to drive me to the beach one day and the countryside another day.......  Since he didn't pick up the phone, the cousin I was staying with and her brother and a friend took me to the capital.  It was great to walk around and see the capital.  I noticed that there were no traffic lights and that there was a lot of trash.  It was a shame to see.  I was a bit on edge the whole day because the others kept telling me to be careful and they created kind of like a body guard system around me.  We went to a grocery store so I could buy some much needed mosquito repellent.  The prices in the store were reasonable.  However for souvenirs I had to buy them in the artisan area.  The people I was with were a bit surprised that I had Haitian money. I changed it at the border and checked on the internet, so I knew EXACTLY what the exchange rate was.  Before taking the bus back to the village we went into a stadium where there was a gospel going on.  It was a relief for me because I was finally able to relax.  I felt the safest when I was in the grocery store buying my repellent and in the stadium during the gospel.  It was definitely an interesting day going into the city.

rooftop view
another angle
panorama on one side
and the other side
the kids climbing up the ladder
cutie
Haiti   8653
food that i wasn't served, but everyone in the house was...
a neighborhood kid playing with some steel sticks
clean because it was in front of the president's house
a monument
posing
guy who led the slaves to victory
in the middle of a park
buy your souvenirs!
in front of some cool paintings
interesting hangout spots at night
actually pretty clean!
cool street art
had to get a close up
a common sight....but this was in front of a hospital!!
cool buses
gospel in the stadium
safe
awesome energy drink from Haiti
the city crew
singing to God

No comments:

Post a Comment