Translate

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Walking tour Edinburgh, Scotland

I happened to find a free walking tour as I was walking up the Royal Mile.  They were about to start, so I decided to join in.  The tour guide, Paula, was from the United States, but her mother is Scottish and her father is Puerto Rican.  She gave us a LOT of information and did a wonderful job guiding us.  We didn't get to see as many things as I had hoped for, but I learned a lot which was great.  I met some nice girls on the tour so we decided to go to the castle and walk up Arthur's seat together.  From all the five days I was in Scotland, it only rained for an hour on the day of the walking tour.  The weather was really really great.  The day of the walking tour was such a great day!

beginning of the tour
author's square
Singapore
Australia
modern looking church
I got Bobby to wear my glasses :)
Germany
Bobby's grave
learning about the origin of the term "graveyard shift"
nice colors
great view of the city
interesting pub names
nice hint of color on the street
random gopher I saw
England
England  8910
England
end of the tour
USA
walking towards the castle
Edinburgh Castle
the school that inspired Harry Potter
the only time I really saw clouds
need to pay to go in the castle, so decided to just take pics of the entrance
Germany
Germany
let's take pictures
awesome view of the city
Hong Kong  8915
Hong Kong
pheasant
ruins of a cathedral
yellow flowers

another angle of the cathedral
swans
remains of a building
local neighborhood

No comments:

Post a Comment