Translate

Sunday, December 24, 2023

Catch up with Janelle on Christmas Eve

In the Czech Republic, Christmas is celebrated on December 24th.  Even though I grew up in USA, in my family we celebrated on the 24th.  In the morning Leoš and I went for a walk on the beach with my parents and it was quite cloudy. Just after lunch, Leoš and I went to the harbor to meet up with one of my friends from childhood and her husband.  I always message her when I visit home, but most of the time she is not in town.  Luckily, she was this time.  It was so great to catch up with her.  We just chilled and chatted for almost 2 hours.  Then Leoš and I walked around the harbor.  In the afternoon, we went for another beach walk and it was quite nice.  In the evening we had our Christmas dinner and opened gifts.  It was a nice Christmas and was great that we got to celebrate it in California this year!



                                                            walking to the headlands protected area

                          from this spot you can potentially see a snake and a whale at the same time!

                                                                      26 years of friendship!!!
                                                                the weather got better


                                                    Santa in my hometown is a surfer!

                                                  


                                                




                                                             sunset from my childhood room
                                                    my mom made turkey for Christmas dinner
                                                 Leoš and I gave my parents fish pillows, haha!

                                                            Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment