Translate

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

X-Mas Potluck

It was time for the monthly potluck and this month we decided to do it Christmas theme.  What would "Christmas" food look like? I randomly came up with the idea to make a pizza and use veggies to write Merry X-Mas on it.  I taught my friends how to make the pizza dough. When it was time to decorate I told one friend what to do with the veggies.  She did a wonderful job and the pizza ended up looking great! Plus it was yummy! Our Colombian friend made arepas and they were great as well.  For dessert, I made rice krispies. I wanted to make them red, but I forgot to take into account that red mixed with white equals pink, oops! It was the first time for my friends to try rice krispie treats and they devoured them! After food we played UNO to decide the Secret Santa order of opening gifts.  However, no one stole anyone else's presents because everyone was happy with what they got.  It was a really fun night.  The next potluck will be in January!  (Before the dinner I had a lesson with a student and we made dalgona candy.  I wanted to show what they ended up looking like. Then I took quick photos of the lights at Karlovo Namesti.)  It was a very nice day.

                                                          my student and I made dalgona
                                                        I broke my dalgona.......
                                                            dalgona milk= YUM



                                                                    time to decorate

                                                                  before the oven
                                                            finished product!
                                                                Colombian arepas



                                                            rice krispie treats
                                                                Kazakhstan   10,370
                                                                        India
                                                            memories from October
                                                                time to play UNO
                                                           with our Secret Santa gifts

                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment