Translate

Thursday, December 28, 2023

UCSB GO GAUCHOS!!!!!

My four years at UCSB were amazing.  I was on the tennis team all four years and I studied abroad to South Africa.  The opportunities and experiences I had were awesome.  I really loved my university, so it was wonderful that I was finally able to set foot on campus again.  The campus was really empty due to the winter holidays.  We didn't have to dodge any bikes or skateboards, which was great!  It was quite eerie for how quite it was. It seemed like a ghost town.  There are 25,000 students who attend the university, which is more than the population of Ričany by 10,000!!!!!  UCSB is the 5th best public university in the nation according to Forbes magazine! A great thing to be proud of :)   A visit to UCSB wouldn't be complete without getting food from Freebirds, so we had to go.  I was completely shocked with how much the prices have increased since I attended.  My parents questioned my ability to pay for the food while I was in university and of course I told them that the prices have increased like crazy.  The good thing was that the quality was still the same and so was the quantity.  I was able to have my nachos for 3 meals!  After walking around on campus, we needed to go downtown.  We walked on the pier and then the downtown area.  It was so nice to be able to visit a place that meant so much to me.  I had a wonderful day and will definitely visit the campus again in the future!  GO GAUCHOS!!!!







                                                        Golden Poppy (CA state flower)

                                                            completely empty
                                                          classes here held 300-400 students

                                            I would park my bike here during tennis practice


                                                                    new scoreboard




                                                I worked at several basketball games while in uni







                                            the university still has some old trailers on campus






                                              still some really old not great buildings on campus





                                                                        Storke Tower
                                                    unfortunately all shops were closed!

                                        on a regular school day this would be completely packed!
                                   my mom never saw that campus and was shocked at how big it is
                                                                   my dad waiting for us
                                                                inside freebirds!
                                                                yum!!!!

                                                    my old apartment (lived here for 3 years)
                                                                        downtown SB







                                               

                                                       


                                                        same guy my hometown is named after

                                                                    salt water taffy





                                         

                                                          


                                                                          back in the room

No comments:

Post a Comment