Translate

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Walk around Gothenburg, Sweden

Since my friend was busy all weekend with work and assignments, she designated two of her friends to show me around the city.  They were my "babysitters" for the day.  First we started off the day by going to an antique store so I could find some jewelry to buy.  Then we went for tea at one of the ladies' apartment.  Next we tried some DELICIOUS salmon chunks.  They were seriously good!!!!  Then we went for a stroll to check out some typical Swedish summer homes.  Next we went to a free outdoor type "zoo" for animals local to the area.  I got to see some moose, so that was cool!  Then we went to the Natural History Museum where I got to see the only stuffed blue whale in the world.  That was really trippy.  Back in the day, the mouth would open up and people could go inside the whale.  Nowadays the whale is only open for special occasions, like for Christmas when Santa will actually be inside the whale welcoming kids and for voting day.  Then we walked around the Botanical Garden which was really nice.  To end the day we went to a bar to relax.  It was such a great day and I got to see a lot! Thanks for everything my babysitters!!!  (photos are a bit out of order...first are my cell phone photos and then my camera photos)

gotta get the Swedish flag

perfect garden for summer

tiniest apple

little street signs in the summer house area

deer just chilling

native wild horse to Sweden

moose and baby

male moose

nice flower at the botanical garden

my "babysitters" for the day

nice view point, too bad it wasn't a clear day

just relaxing...art piece made of wood

mermaid with individual tails

giant cinnamon rolls

at the summer house area again

Sweden   8386

geese

male deer with great horns

apparently really deep holes are in the rocks

dove house

close up

Serbia

crocodile made from tires

the stuffed blue whale (my hometown's mascot)

Chile

Norway

Sweden   8390

Sweden

Sweden

Canada  8393

No comments:

Post a Comment