Translate

Monday, September 25, 2017

Xanti's Birthday (kanagawa, japan)

My wonderful friend, Jaydine, of 7 years lives very close to me by chance.  We met in the Philippines on my second trip there.   Her son, Xanti, turned 5 yesterday (September 25th).  She had a surprise party for him and invited her family and close friends.  The surprise worked! Then everyone wanted to take a photo of Xanti blowing out the candle on his cake, but he wasn't having it.  He kept blowing out the candle whenever he felt like it, it was so cute.  There were lots of food and the ice cream cake was good.  However, my favorite thing was the buko (young coconut) salad.  A traditional Filipino dessert that was great on the humid day.  Since I was the only non-Filipino there was a lot of Tagalog being spoken, so I think I'm learning a bit just by listening, haha!  Xanti loves the cartoon Cars and really wanted to play the video game, so I was the token adult to play with him and the other little one.  It was a fun night filled with food and great company.  Happy Birthday Xanti!!!!!!

the big 5!

surprise!!!!

no grandma!!

not wanting to pose for pictures

just wants to eat

ladies

early birds

let's eat!

now everyone is together!! Happy birthday Xanti!

Birthday Boy!!! Philippines 8480

look at that concentration

Philippines

Philippines

Philippines

Philippines   8484

No comments:

Post a Comment