Translate

Monday, October 7, 2019

Natural hot spring, Akranes, hot spring river (Iceland Day 5)

The day started off great with the really nice harbor master offering me some coffee for the road.  I normally don't drink coffee, but since I knew I was going to have to drive a lot a day I took him up on his offer.  The first destination of the day was to find a natural hot spring.  I had been wanting to go to the pools or natural hot spring from the first moment I landed in Iceland.  It was my last day and I was determined to find a natural hot spring.  The harbor master told me where to go, so I followed his directions. Finally I had found my natural hot spring.  The area consisted of 3 small pools.  There were a couple other people in the area, but no one had gone in yet.  It was a bit cold, but I wanted to be in the warm waters.  It was very relaxing.  Then we went to Arkanes, a small town by the coast.  It was lovely to walk around and the area at the light house was pretty nice to walk around.  The blue skies made everything so much better.  Then the last stop of the day was the hot water river.  The hike over an hour just to get to the location.  It was a cool place, but it rained the whole time we hiked there, while we were there and on the way back.  Unfortunately we were all super cold, wet and tired.  However, the day was awesome!  I ended it with a nice drive around and got to see the President's house.  My stay in Iceland was wonderful!  I met some great people and saw lots of beautiful sights.   It was a nice way to hit my 100 countries goal!

hot waters and cooler waters
3 pools
country #100!!!
Germany  9840
England
England
Germany   9843
people chilling in the hottest pool
roadtrip crew minus 1 (person taking the photo)
natural mud mask, who needs the blue lagoon and their crazy prices
such blue skies!!
reflections
the hot springs area
sun!!!!
wooden gnomes
stones with flags
my blood
all smiles on a sunny day!
lighthouse
bluest sky for my whole trip!
happy!
little hermit crabs in the water
tide pools
2 lighthouses
kelp
something ate a bunch of sea urchins
maybe it was this guy
a bit shy

Pink Floyd
ship wreck
another angle
coast line
more tide pools
very yellow
rust, wood, paint
street art
reminds me of the John Lennon wall in Praha
David Bowie
not even sure where these cities are
hot springs river
let's go!
in a hot area
super hot waters
dont wanna touch that!
big boiling pot
bubbling area
finally got to the river after an hour
all the people laying in the warm shallow water
time to go back
steam from everywhere
president's house
harbor at night

No comments:

Post a Comment