Translate

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Glacier Lagoon (Iceland, Day 2)

My second full day in Iceland was action packed.  I did so many things and took so many pictures.  This post is a bit long, but the pictures were too good not to include them in the post.  First I started the day by driving to Glacier Lagoon.  It was amazing to see all the ice in one place.  It really reminded me of Antarctica.  Is was really cool.  Then I went to a big glacier.  Then a hike in a national park area.  Then saw some random cool scenery.  To finish the day, I went to a place where a plane crashed during World War 2 and hasn't been moved since.  Walking to the sight was difficult because it was so windy and it was starting to get dark.  I was determined and made the 45 min (one way) walk against the terrible wind.  It was a great way to end a very successful day of exploring. 

who would want to swim???
climate change
so many big pieces of ice!
cute seal!
bird chilling on the ice
different colors of ice
you will not last long in the cold water!
iceberg pyramid?
what do you see?
clear ice
bridge in the background

I had to hold some ice
very clear
my hand
i thought i could get a cool pic....nope
Germany
Germany
my ice chair
gotta throw my glasses on the ice
textures
looked like a boat
perfect fit!
popular spot for photos
yay!!

100th country for me!!!!
my ice throne
USA
USA
USA  9830
black ice
iceberg lagoon from a different angle
plants
everyone looks so small
glacier in the background
balance
Brazil
heart shape in the distance
brown water fall
Germany
Germany  9833
going for a walk
another glacier in the distance
up close
panorama

interesting scenery
moss of volcano rocks?
crash site
me on top of the plane!
another angle
inside
outside
creepy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment