Translate

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Sports Day at Malaysian Embassy (Prague, CZ)

My Malaysian friend invited me to join her along with another friend for a sports day celebration at the Malaysian embassy.  I didn't really know what the event was about, she just told me that I needed to wear sports clothes.  Upon arrival to the embassy we all got a free Malaysia hat, which was really nice.  Then we had to wait for the others to arrive.  The ambassador gave a speech about the day and then we started the events.  First we all did some stretches and then some Bollywood dance moves.  It was a fun way to start the day.  Then we had to break into our teams.  I was team captain for my team, Juara (Champion in Malay).  The first competition was an egg toss with towels.  My team didn't do that well.  Then we had coconut bowling, which was quite difficult but my team did the best in this event, thanks to some great bowlers on my team.  Then we had a water race.  Some teams cheated a lot, but it was still a lot of fun.  The last activity of the day was musical chairs.  After all the activities they announced the winners of the day.  My team got second place.  I was quite happy with our result considering the fact that we got last place in the first event we did.  All my teammates were nice and we all had a fun time.  We shared our winnings and then it was lunch time.  The food was delicious!!  With our bellies full and a beautiful day in front of us, my friends and I decided to go to Letna.  One of my friends had a friend in town, so he joined us at the park.  Then we all went to Wallenstine Garden.  It was a wonderful way to spend a gorgeous Saturday.  Nice meeting everyone!

the events for the day
sign in time
with our hats
discussions
the ambassador giving her speech
all of us
watching something
let's stretch
more movement
my awesome team!
Juara!!!
Czech  9855
Czech
Malaysia
Yemen
Malaysia
Malaysia 9860
Malaysia
Malaysia
Malaysia
Malaysia
Malaysia
egg toss
bowling with coconuts
drinking water with our bio cups
cheers
my team got 2nd place!
team captain!
fun day!
musical chairs
lunch time!
beautiful day
nice view of the river
Sri Lanka  9866
letna park
Wallenstine Garden
pond
seems like they cut his tail....

magical
nice paintings

1 comment: