Translate

Sunday, July 18, 2021

Bologna 1st night/1st day

Leoš found a really cheap airline ticket to go to Italy.  Since I had a lot of free time on my hands because my students are on summer vacation, I decided that I should take advantage of the price (unfortunately he couldn't go because of work).  It was just 560czk/22euro/$26.  Due to covid I needed to make sure I had a test and then everything was set.  It was my first flight since last August.  It felt so great to be on a plane again and travel. I arrived late to Bologna, but I decided that it would be a shame to just stay in my room because it was a Saturday night.  I managed to meet up with some couchsurfers and I was able to have one of them meet me the next day for a walk around the city. I was so happy to have a local show me around her city. She knew so much and took me to so many great places.  I had limited time and we packed so much in those hours that we walked around.  The city has so many towers and great passages with high ceilings.  I really enjoyed walking around the city.  Of course we had to have bolognese sauce with pasta and gelato.  After my walk around the city was done, I hopped on a train and headed off to Rimini.  

                                                              old car on display in the airport
                                                                room for 1 night, it was enough

                                                                                Italy

                                                                                Italy   10,160

                                                                                Germany
                                                                                France
                                                                               Italy   10,164
                                                                        nice hangout









































                                                                            my guide for the day
                                                                               
                                                                strawberry and pistachio


                                                            the sun was shining on jesus





                                                               the area where I spent the night
                                                                        on the train to Rimini

No comments:

Post a Comment