Translate

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Ravenna, Italy

The night of my first full day in Rimini, I was lucky enough to meet another couchsurfer who was in the city and wanted to do a day trip to Ravenna.  I didn't do much research before my trip, so I was really happy to have an option of what to do.  My new friend and I went to Ravenna by train.  We had a great time walking around the city and seeing all the mosaics around the city.  It was so stunning to see all the mosaics. The city really embraces mosaics and they are everywhere, on house numbers, benches, signs, etc.  We even got to see Dante's tomb.  It was a great day trip from Rimini. 










                                                                        Dante's tomb






                                                                        bones of Dante







                                                                      mosaics everywhere

                                                                        delicious ragu






                                                                        Poland  10,165





                                                                    good bye Ravenna!

No comments:

Post a Comment