Translate

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Mystery Location

Leoš was taking me to a mystery location for my birthday and I really had no idea where the destination was. When we arrived to Prague airport I thought we would be going through Terminal 2.  I was wrong, we went through Terminal 1.  At our gate there were 2 flights, so I was still clueless. Plus I didn't look at the screens and had my headphones on.  However, when I looked out the window, I saw a Turkish Airlines plane, so I knew our first flight was to Istanbul.  When we arrived to Istanbul we had a five hour layover.  I did my very best to not look at any flight information.  Unfortunately, just before boarding the plane, there was a small TV to the right of me and I saw the destination.  I was completely shocked!!  Bahrain!!  The country wasn't even on my radar of places that we might go to.  Leoš did a wonderful job surprising me. However, I do find it interesting that they listed the country and not the city. Anytime you take a flight it mentions the city you are going to, not the country.  If Manama was listed on the TV, I would still be confused. I guess since its a pretty small country they decided to put the country as the destination. There weren't that many people on the plane and we had several of rows by ourselves.  The food was good and the flight was smooth.  When we arrived to Manama, the airport was so impressive.  There was carpet and lots of big white structures.  We got into an Uber and headed to the hotel.  Leoš surprised me again because it was a 5 star hotel.  I didn't expect that at all and when I opened the door, there were rose petals everywhere.  It was amazing.  Leoš kept looking around the room for something and I was a bit confused.  Then there was a knock on the door and a man delivered a slice of cake that said Happy Birthday on it.  It was a few days early, but totally fine.  The cake was DELICIOUS and I didn't want to finish it because I wanted to eat some of it on my actual birthday.  It was such a wonderful way to begin the holiday!

                                             you can now get FREE filtered sparkling water at the airport!
                                                                    empty airport
                                      tart 34czk Mazanec (Easter bread) 35czk (less than $1.50/each)
                                           at this point, still had no idea where we were going
                                                               pretty good food on the flight
                                     the area for "fresh air" but the fumes from the airplanes was too much!
                                                                layover in Istanbul
                                                                        free cherry juice

                                      hopefully I win an Amazon gift card for this photo at the airport!
                                                                    empty flight!
                                                                    simple, but so good!
                                                               we took our own rows to sleep

                                                                        great flight!
                                                               carpeted floors in an airport?!!
                                                                mystery location revealed!
                                             there were TVs where people could play video games
                                                                    such big empty spaces
                                                                    impressive airport
                                                                            whaaaatt
                                                                        how many floors??!
                                                                        where are we?

                                                  





                                                                one side of the room
                                                            other point of view
                                                            26 floors up!

No comments:

Post a Comment