Translate

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Diving Trip (Red Sea, Egypt)

The night before I was hanging out with my friends and they were asking me what my plans were while I was in Egypt.  I told them all the plans I had and they asked me why diving wasn't on my list. I told them that I didn't have a license and that diving is too expensive of an activity for me. (Since I do so much traveling I really need to pick and choose different activities and I never thought of diving because of how expensive it can be).  My friend told me to hold on a second while she made a phone call.  She told me the price and her friends continued to tell me how great diving is.  They told me that since I had never done it before that a dive master would be with me to make sure everything was ok and would actually hold my hand on the dive.  I didn't have plans for the next day, so I made the spontaneous decision to do it.  I decided at 9:30pm to go diving the day before.  The next day, I got on the boat with all the others and I was actually the only one who had ZERO experience.  The dive master gave me instructions in just 10 minutes and I didn't even get to practice on the equipment.    He just told me that I needed to control my breathing and to make sure that I took care of the pressure in my ears.  While I was putting the gear on I was starting to panic just a little bit, but I told myself that panicking would do me no good.  So, I decided to just relax and the dive went very well.  It was so strange to breathe underwater and depend on an oxygen tank.  It was great.  I got to see some Napoleon fish and I saw another moray eel.  However, this time the eel was hiding in a rock.    The second dive I got down to 8 meters.  It was amazing!  Such a great day and I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to try an activity that I thought I would never do.

beautiful blue skies

Giftun Island

private restaurant area on Giftun Island

stopping for our first dive spot

beautiful waters 

France 7955

France

Egypt

Egypt

Malaysia 

Malaysia  7960

Malaysia 

Egypt

Chile  7963

our boat

mosque in the city

No comments:

Post a Comment