Translate

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Luxor (Egypt)

When I got to Egypt I knew that the thing I wanted to see the most were the pyramids.  My friends told me that I HAD to go to Luxor.  I really wasn't sure what was going to be there,  but I decided that I should go.  I am so very happy that I went on the trip to Luxor.  The pyramids were of course a MUST see in Egypt, but the trip to Luxor was actually more impressive.  When I was a child in elementary school, I really enjoyed learning Egyptian history.  I really liked the hieroglyphics and I found all their gods to be fascinating.  It was just amazing to think of a civilization that was so advanced such a long time ago.  Stepping into the Sun Temple was like stepping into history.  The pillars were HUGE and there were hieroglyphics everywhere.  I really enjoyed looking at all the hieroglyphics.  I don't think that in elementary school I would have ever thought I would have been able to see so many amazing hieroglyphics.  It was actually quite overwhelming.  Since I was on a tour I was limited on time.  I really wish I could've stayed in the Sun Temple for much longer to really admire all the work that was done to make such an amazing place.  After the temple we went to a papyrus gallery.  It was interesting to see how paper was made back in the day.  Next we had a little boat ride on the Nile River!!!  Then we went to the Valley of the Kings.  We got to go INSIDE the areas where they would bury kings and their treasure.  It was so cool!!(But the temperature was soooo HOT!!! and its winter now!!)  The artwork inside the tombs were so cool.  Unfortunately we were allowed to take pictures inside. Then we went to the temple of Hatshepsut.  She was able to rule Egypt for 12 years, until her son was old enough to rule.  Then to end the day we went to "Crocodile Island", the biggest lie ever!  It had ONE crocodile in a cage.  I have seen much much better wildlife in South Africa, Venezuela, and so many other places.  It's ok though because afterwards we took the boat ride back around sunset time and it was quite beautiful.  My day in Luxor was really good and I am so very happy that I went on it.  So much history was seen in one day and it was incredible!

about to enter the biggest temple in the world

ram statues in front of the sun temple

with the ram statues

entering the sun temple

map of the sun temple 

cool hieroglyphics 

so cool

the pillars were so tall

so impressive that the colors stayed

i felt so small in the temple

huge!

walk around the scarab for good luck

statue

more colors

key of life

more statues

in the papyrus gallery

cute name of the boat

on the nile river!!

Egypt  7986
valley of the kings

England

England

England  7989

temple of hatschepsut 

falcon statue

really tall statues

more colored hieroglyphics 

still some color

more hieroglyphics 

tall statue/pillar 

view from the nile

local fishermen 

view from "crocodile island" ---one crocodile in an enclosure........

boats along the nile

enjoying the boat ride on TOP of the boat

sunset on the nile

1 comment:

  1. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. Egypt cruise 2022

    ReplyDelete