Translate

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Friday with the girls (Egypt)

In Egypt, Fridays and Saturdays are the weekend.  Since my friends had to work during the week, I was able to meet them on Fridays.  They invited me to go over to one of their homes for breakfast.  They had a HUGE layout of food.  It was amazing and so very good!  It was very nice to not have breakfast at the hotel and to have it at a home.  The last thing on the menu was honey toast.  It was absolutely delicious!!!!  We call is Yasmine's Toast (because she came up with it).  She fries up a piece of white bread in butter and then spreads a healthy serving of honey on top of it.  It is seriously heaven!!!!  If I was in Egypt longer I would request it every Friday!  After breakfast we started to watch Lalaland.  It was good, but it was such a sunny day and one of my last days, so we didn't finish it and went out to do some shopping.  I had some extra money so I bought a pair of sandals, two silver pendants, some very delicious Egyptian desserts and a purse.  For dinner we went to Sarah's house.  Her mother cooked an amazing meal!!!  I was completely stuffed. Everything was delicious!!  Thank you so very much for your hospitality!!!!

fried chicken, sautéed veggies, pickles, grape leaves wrap thingies, and  fritters

delicious

Egypt 7997  (with hello kitty slippers to match the glasses!)

Egypt

Egypt 7999

thanks for a great meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment