Translate

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

snorkeling trip to giftun (egypt)

Earlier in the week I had just been relaxing at the hotel, so I decided that it was time that I did a trip while on vacation.  I was able to find a very good deal at a travel agency on the street.  It was too good to pass up, so with paying just 120 Egyptian pounds ($6.50) I went on a snorkeling trip.  The water was so clear and the weather was awesome.  The first stop was at Giftun Island.  The sand was so white and the water was turquoise. I snorkeled a bit on the island and for the first time I saw a small eel swimming along.  Then we made our first official snorkeling stop.  The coral was really nice and I got to see a lot of pretty things.  Unfortunately, I forgot my waterproof camera at home........  Anyways it felt like I was swimming in an aquarium.  I saw some gorgeous blue clams and beautiful fish.  It was really great!  Then we had lunch on the boat.  Soon after lunch, we had our second snorkeling stop.  Most people didn't want to go snorkeling so soon after eating lunch, but I decided to jump in.  I am soooo very thankful that I did because I saw a GIANT MORAY EEL swimming along.  It was over 2 meters long and it was absolutely amazing!!!! I got other people to check out the gorgeous creature and swam with it for a while.  Its quite rare to see them swimming about instead of just hiding out in rocks.  It was really incredible and am so thankful that I was able to see it.  Later, I got some delicious food with a friend and then hung out at a cafe.  It was a great day!


leaving the shore to go on the snorkeling trip

clear waters

so happy


Egypt

Egypt

Egypt

loved the colors of the water

yummy homemade food

my room was decorated by the cleaning man

amazing!!!!


hanging out

Egypt  7949

2 comments:

  1. My Dear, i missed the foto of me and my girlfriend. We were on the same boat as you, enjoying the snorkeling-trip. do you have the photos any more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello, your photo is in the other post. (i went on the snorkeling trip twice) here is the link so you can see your photo http://worldwidekittyglassesproject.blogspot.jp/2017/02/giftun-snorkeling-trip-2-egypt-8000.html

      Delete