Translate

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Almaty is a beautiful city.  I felt that it was much more pedestrian friendly compared to Astana.  There were several parks in the city and it had a more relaxed vibe.  There were no crazy futuristic buildings like in Astana.  The Green Bazaar was a nice market to check out the local cuisine.  I was even able to find churchkela, natural Georgian Snickers.  I hadn't had one in a long time, so it was wonderful having it again.  While looking for a place to eat in the market I randomly bumped into another couchsurfer so we walked around the city. After we parted ways I went to the highest view point of the city.  I took a gondola up to Kok Tobe.  It was a great way to see the city.  The next day I met with a couchsurfer to go to Big Almaty Lake.  The lake was such a nice color.  Hiking in the mountains was beautiful.  It reminded me of the mountains in Georgia. It was such a nice day being in nature and seeing the beauty of it.  For dinner I had Shashlik (bbq).  It was delicious!!!  After two days in Almaty, I took a marshutka (van) to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan ($5). 

nice colors
inside the Green Bazaar

yummyyy!!!
Ukraine  9546
gondola
random Beatles statue
nice stream
Turkey
interesting shape of flower
Big Almaty Lake behind me
President's Park
shashlik (the duck was the best one!!)
Kazakhstan 9548
good-bye Kazakhstan for now

No comments:

Post a Comment