Translate

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Bukhara, Uzbekistan

Normally when I travel I can buy my transportation tickets the day I want to travel.  However, right now it is high season, so tickets need to be bought in advance.  I decided to do a day trip from Samarkand to Bukhara.  The train to Bukhara was very nice and comfortable.  I met some nice people on the train, so that was great.  I was able to get some useful information on how to get to the city center.  Once in the city center I was welcomed with beautiful sights.  It was so hot, but I had to take everything in because I was just there for the day.  After I looked around the first square I ran into the same person who was on my bus from Bishkek to Tashkent.  We walked around all day and I ran into other people who stayed in the same hostel as I did in Samarkand.  Bukhara is definitely a smaller and more compact place than Samarkand.  It was a nice day in Bukhara.  The train back to Samarkand was completely different to the advanced one I took earlier in the day.  I was really the ONLY tourist on the train and everyone looked at me confused on why I was on the train.  However, everything was safe and I got back to Samarkand perfectly fine.

Uzbekistan
Japan  9570
Uzbekistan
Uzbekistan
Uzbekistan
Uzbekistan Railways
a lot of nothing!
Bukhara!
no one else!
decided to cover my head
massive
empty!
cool mosaic
stunning
gorgeous
inside
nice doorway
Mir Arab
so tall
in the middle of the town
fake bird and nest!!
Ireland  9574
view from the top
hello from the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment