Translate

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Samarkand, Uzbekistan

I wasn't able to get a bus from Tashkent to Samarkand, so I needed to take a shared taxi.  It was a very long ride and along the way it rained a LOT!!  The rain was so heavy that at some points on the road, there were rivers.  It was crazy!! Luckily, it stopped raining by the time I got to the hostel.  I dropped my stuff off and immediately went to the city.  I wanted to take in the sights as soon as possible and had to buy train tickets for Bukhara.  The architecture of the city was amazing.  Everything was so beautiful.  While I was walking around, I actually ran into a person that was on the same bus as me from Bishkek to Tashkent.  We walked around the city and exchanged stories on how we got to Samarkand.  Luckily for me Czech is a tiny bit similar to Russian, so I was able to communicate with the locals.  As for the other person, he had a much more difficult time to get to the city.  When I got back to the hostel, I met some really cool people.  However, that night was super difficult for me to sleep because there was a really noisy snorer in my room!

nice courtyard
beautiful archway
so impressive in real life
a bit of construction
Uzbekistan  9563
beautiful views
where's Aladdin?
stunning
the place I checked out earlier in the day
nicely lit up
Malaysia
Canada  9565
Germany
China
Uzbekistan   9568
friendliest street cat

No comments:

Post a Comment