Translate

Friday, June 14, 2019

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan

When I crossed the border into Kyrgyzstan, I bought a sim card for my phone.  For unlimited data for one week it was just $1.50!!! A friend of mine in Prague put me in contact with one of her friends in Bishkek.  On my first full day in Bishkek I had a wonderfully busy day.  First I needed to make sure that I bought my ticket to Tashkent because I had seen online that tickets sell out quite quickly.  Once I had my ticket I headed to the Osh Bazaar to meet my friend's friend. She showed me all around the bazaar and I got to try all kinds of foods.  It was a great way to see the bazaar because if I went by myself I would've gotten lost.  It was such a big bazaar!  Then we walked all over the city.  After the walk, we were lucky enough that a friend of hers drove us to Freedom Square outside of the city.  It was nice to get back into nature and enjoy the views.  At the end of the day, we went to iftar (breaking the fast during the Ramadan month) at another one of her friend's house.  I was lucky enough to try lots of great food and meet such nice people.  It was a great day in Bishkek.  The next day, I thought I would go into the mountains, but that didn't happen so I walked around the city again.  The meal at the end of the day was delicious--lagman(a noodle dish)!!  I even tried a small glass of horse milk, I will definitely not have that again!!! But at least I can say I tried it! 
I am still waiting on photos from my friend from the day she showed me around.  I am hoping she will send them to me soon!!!!!!!

$1.50 for a sim card
Georgian khinkali
got some heels in the city
main square
my guide for the day
Bishkek

the main square
flag of Kyrgyzstan




Ata Beyit Memorial
Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan  9550
words from a famous writer
nice green fields
the feast
all of us!
Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan
delicious manti
chocolates
the main square
roses
nice roses
roses
lagman noodles
Kyrgyzstan 9558
funny Kyrgyzstan man at the bus station

No comments:

Post a Comment