Translate

Monday, June 17, 2019

Shymkent, Kazakhstan

The bus took a little bit longer than I expected from Tashkent to Shymkent.  It was because of the border.  When I finally arrived to the bus station in Shymkent, it was the Old Bus Terminal.  There was no tourist information anywhere! Luckily, there were 2 really nice women working there who were able to give me information on which bus I needed to take to get to the downtown area.  Also, they were kind enough to break my big money bills (thankfully I kept some left over for when I was in Kazakhstan the first time around).   I walked around some parks until I was able to get wifi at a shopping mall to ask my friend how I could get to her place.  Once I got to her place, I was welcomed with open arms by her family.  I had a big dinner waiting for me (even though I had already eaten).  My friend's sister was able to translate everything, so that made things easier.  I got to try on traditional Kazak and Uzbek clothing.  It was a nice night.  My friend arrived very late, so we only chatted for a bit that night.  The next day she took me to the downtown area with her sister.  It was nice to walk around in the city with locals.  Then I needed to head back because I had to catch a flight back to Astana. While we were going back it started to rain like crazy!!!!  Luckily a neighbor was nice enough to drive me to the airport.  Thanks for the hospitality and the gifts!!

Shymkent
nice roses in the city
central park
colorful fruit and veggies!
delicious!
western clothes
traditional clothes!
Kazakhstan 9585
Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan
me with traditional clothes
Uzbek and Kazak clothing
Uzbek clothing
Uzbekistan/Kazakhstan
Uzbekistan/ Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan   9590
at night time I am sure this is gorgeous!
nice painting
Shymkent
it actually got cold...before the rain started

No comments:

Post a Comment