Translate

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

free walking tour in copacobana

Since I had a great time on the free walking tour in central Rio, I decided to go on the free walking tour of Copacobana.  It was advertised as a food tour.  I was really excited about it because I thought I was going to be able to try lots of delicious Brazilian foods.  It was far from it.  From the beginning the guide talked to us like children, as if we were five years old. Also mentioned that she expected a tip from all of us.  How is that a "free" tour if she is expecting to get paid.  Then we walked around and got to see a couple of places.  We only went to one bar where we got a free tiny drink.  At the end of the "tour" she opens up her backpack and gives us less than half a glass of iced tea, one small cookie, one "chip" and a small chocolate ball.  THIS WAS DEFINTELY NOT A FOOD TOUR!!!! It should not have been advertised as such.  I was very disappointed with it.  Then she said it was over and expected everyone to pay and she kept saying a lot of money.  I really didnt appreciate the pressure to pay for something I didnt like.  Once she got paid, she really didnt care about the people who were part of the tour......she crossed the street illegally and didnt care about the ones who didnt make it across.  Once money was in her pockets she was basically gone.   If you have time in Copacobana, don't waste your time on this tour.  Rather just go to the beach and relax and use the money you would use for the "tip" to try something from a juice stop.  There are so many different juices you can try and great snacks as well.  Much better value for your money.    The tour of the center is much better....try to get a male guide.  However, the only good thing about the tour was meeting the other people who were part of it. Nice meeting you all and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Rio.  After the "tour" I went to a friends house to try food from Recife, a city in Northern Brazil.  I was happy to eat dinner because I was quite hungry after the "food tour" which was quite ironic.  It was delicious and nice to have a home cooked meal.  I remembered to bring my glasses so I was able to get proper photos of the people who I previously had wear my sunglasses.

sugar loaf

copacobana 

sarongs 

Brazil (the "guide")

Argentina 

Germany 

Germany 

Germany 

Germany 

the lagoon 

Germany 

Germany

New Zealand 

New Zealand     4520

corn couscous 

Brazil (already photoed with my sunglasses)

Brazil (already photoed with my sunglasses)

No comments:

Post a Comment