Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2014

integration hike with couchsurfing and ipanema beach

A meeting time at 8:30am on Saturday was quite difficult.  I was considering sleeping in and relax.  However, I was able to get out of bed and I am SOOOO GLAD that I did.  The hike was awesome.  We started in a favela and then did the hike.  The views from the top were absolutely amazing! I really had a good time and it was so great to meet everyone.  While coming back down, my group kinda got lost and we were lost in a favela.  Luckily the favela we were in (Vidigal) is a peaceful one.  Finally we found the others and the parked cars.  Afterwards I went to Ipanema beach.  I actually tried on and bought a Brazilian bikini on the beach.  I never thought that I would ever buy a bikini on the beach, but hey why not while in Brazil.  Such a great day!!


Vidigal

nice view from the favela

view of a favela 

Austria 

Brazil

Brazil

Brazil

Brazil

Brazil

France

Brazil  4580

hike up

the group at the top

great view

interesting overpass for pedestrians 

lost in the favela 

cheapest acai......delicious!! 

great place to relax after a hike

the group at the end of the hike

grilled cheese on the beach....amazing!!!!

Brazil

Brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment