Translate

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Paragliding Merida, Venezuela

My friends and I were trying to figure out what to do today and we decided that we should go paragliding.  It was pretty cheap.  It cost 3,500 Bolivares which is about 18 USD.  We first had to take a jeep to Tierra Negra and then continue up a mountain.  Once we got to the spot we had to wait for the wind to die down.  After it was safe enough to go we were off.  My friends were quite nervous, but I was fine because I have been skydiving twice.  The last time I went was this past Christmas. Paragliding is much more relaxed.  All I had to do was jump up and sit back.  It was such a nice ride and the colors were unreal.  The time of day was perfect.  The sun was setting and the sky was beautiful.  My instructor simulated skydiving.  It was quite fun.  Gliding down to the landing spot was great.  I was starting to feel a bit nauseous, but thank goodness I didnt throw up.  It was a very fun afternoon.  The group I went with was parapentemerida.com     They were very professional and I felt as ease when I was in the air.   After we got back to Merida we went for dinner at a delicious place where all the ingredients are fresh and from the area.  It was such a great day!



Venezuela

paragliding company

bridge over the river

nice views

on the way up in the jeep

going higher and higher

unloading the jeep

our jumping off point

Venezuela

Venezuela

Venezuela

Venezuela

Germany

Venezuela  5890

Venezuela

Venezuela

good ad for jeep

and one took off

so high

everyone taking pictures

in the sun

back down to earth

mules in the distance

sun going down

my turn!!

my friend

sky changing colors

over the river

hills were beautiful


selfie in the air

sunset

2 in the distance

so high

touching


chucks

going down like sky diving

loving the colors

passion fruit champagne to celebrate

it was delicious

dinner time

my meal

ending of a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment