Translate

Monday, March 9, 2015

wildlife of venezuela

My friends and I decided to go a 3 day/2 night tour because of all the activities we were gonna be able to do.  We had to drive a long way from Merida to get to our destination.  We left at 4am and drove all through the morning and most of the afternoon.  We had a late lunch and immediately went on a hunt for anacondas.  Unfortunately we were out of luck.  We weren´t able to see any anacondas but we saw a lot of crocodiles.  The next day we went on a river cruise.  I wasn´t sure what we would see, but I knew it would be good.  We saw sooooo many animals, much more than I expected.  We saw crocodiles, capyibaras, iguanas, a rare turtle, river dolphins that were pink and grey, and best of all an ANACONDA!!!!  It was digesting something so we were lucky to see it.  It didn´t want to move much so we were able to touch it.  The guys even tried to pull it in so we could see how big it was, but it was just too strong!!!  The dolphins were amazing to see as well.  Their faces were a bit pink and kept swimming near us, but i couldn´t get a good picture of them.  Then we went back to the farm for lunch and a nap.  After lunch we went fishing for piranhas.  I caught a fish immediately, but it was a different kind of fish.  Then after being empty handed for so long, I finally caught a piranha.  It was quite difficult to catch them because they would eat the bait off the hook so fast.  It felt good to catch the piranha.  We went back to the farm and had them for dinner.  They were delicious!!!  The moon that night was soooo red.  I have never seen a moon so red.  It was pretty cool.  On our final day we went horseback riding.  My horse was named Fresh Wheat because of its color.  My friend had a horse named Jackie Chan and my other friend´s horse was called Sausage.  After our ride, we had to pack our things and head out on the road.  My friends went back to Merida and I went to San Cristobal.   Those three days we had on the farm exceeded my expectations.  They were absolutely great! Thanks for everything Alexis and family!!!!



Syria

the bright pink birds were gorgeous

my room on the farm

hunting for anacondas

picture perfect

no luck with the anaconda search

there were 2 parrots

as close as i was gonna get to putting the glasses on it

this dog was all about it

the other parrot was in the tree

Venezuela 

Venezuela

chicken

my amazing travel buddies

on a boat not sure what we were gonna see

capyibaras (spelling?)

Venezuela (yup thats an anaconda behind him)


trying to bring it in

so long

it was just too strong

Venezuela

Venezuela 

peacock

the farm

our transportation, just kidding 

Venezuela 

Venezuela 

Venezuela   5900

Venezuela 

Venezuela 

Venezuela 

Venezuela 

Venezuela 

caught our fish at the same time

i caught a piranha 

look at them teeth

hunter

Venezuela   5906

me kissing the piranha 

moustache cat

horseback riding 

the 3 of us

awesome people at the farm

iguana 

close up

bird caught a piranha 

crocodile

belly full

anaconda behind me

tongue out

up close

only picture i could get of the river dolphin, they were too quick

muddy one and dry one

harvest moon, never seen a moon so red

fried piranhas, yummy!!!

giant shells from dried up snails

iguana in the tree

look at those teeth

big guy

too close

parrot in the tree

maybe a kind of flamingo?

deer in the distance 

on my horse

roots so deep

another pink bird

No comments:

Post a Comment