Translate

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Salento, Colombia Coffee Finca

My friends left the previous night, so today I had the day to myself to wander around the town.  First I walked to a great view point of the city.  Then I got lost in the forest near by and found another beautiful view point of the river and the valley.  I walked down to the river and made friends with 3 stray dogs.  They walked with me for an hour and then didnt enter the town center with me.  Then I walked in a cemetery and then walked down to the coffee finca so I could take one of the tours.  I decided to go to a smaller local tour instead of the corporate tour.  As soon as I enter the area, Don Elias, the owner welcomed me with a big smile.  I felt that I was at the right place.  He has owned the coffee farm for 20 years and has been doing it all his life.  He showed us the whole process and we got to taste a cup after the end of the tour.  The coffee was delicious, and I don't drink coffee!!!    I am so glad that I did the tour with him and I recommend everyone to do his your instead of the other one.  Then I walked through an artesian area and was able to buy some really nice jewelry and art.  I had to rush to have a late lunch/early dinner and then took the bus back to Pereira.  It was a wonderful day with a LOT of walking.


stairs to the view point

view of the city

leaf bigger than my head

view of the river

very deep puddle that i had to get down and dirty in to pass

great view

the river

my walking buddies

not sure what kind of bird

cool flower

toucan!!! 

cemetery

Don Elias

in the coffee finca

flowers from the banana tree i think

Colombia

USA

Israel

before and after

Argentina

Israel

Argentina  5840

Israel

had to get a pic with him

DO THIS TOUR

Colombia

Colombia

Colombia   5844

got some street food

set lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment