Translate

Saturday, May 25, 2024

Semifinals in the Fan Zone CZ vs SWE

Leoš had an event out of town with his co-workers and my friends were busy for the weekend, so I needed to find some people to watch the semi-finals with me.  I posted that I wanted to watch the game and 2 ladies messaged me that they wanted to join.  I was happy that I would have some company for the game. I met them in the fan zone and then got messages from 2 others that wanted to join as well. In the end there were 5 of us watching the game.  We went to a bunch of different stands to get some free stuff.  I went to the Coca Cola stand to get my photo taken with the first two that showed up.  I wanted to get a Czech flag temporary tattoo on my face, but they ran out.  So, I decided to just get a Coca Cola tattoo for my face.  Since I was putting advertisement on my face, I asked one of the attendants if I could get something for doing so and I got a scarf.  I was quite happy.  Then we went to the Notino stand and a woman was painting flags on people's faces, so in the end I was able to get the Czech flag on my face. We all won a gift bag from the tent and 4 of us made hockey cards from a photo booth. Two of us ended up with male cards and the other had female cards. We watched the game and it was so exciting because there were so many goals.  By half of the first period, there were already 4 goals. It was so crazy.  Sweden made it 3-2 and we were nervous.  However, Czech was able to make it 3-3 and then in the end it was 7-3 for Czech.  It was such a crazy game and towards the end it started to rain quite heavily and I wasn't able to put my umbrella up because they people behind me.  Luckily, I saw the clouds beforehand and I thought it would be a good idea to stand next to the Notino tent.  Once it started to rain, I just hid under the tent and was safe from the rain. I couldn't see the full screen, but at least I was able to see the score and time.  It was such an exciting game and I am happy that I had some fun company to join me.  After the game, we went to a cafe to chat a bit.  Then 3 of us went back to the fan zone to watch the next game.  One had to leave quite early on and myself and the other person decided to watch until the end of the first period.  It was a nice game, but of course the atmosphere wasn't the same and we didn't have passion to watch it. It was interesting to see the difference in the fan zone and what a difference the atmosphere can make it. It was a great afternoon!

                                            people trying to buy tickets for the game in the metro


                               competing to see who could put hockey protection on the quickest
                                                                so full!

                                                                goal!
                                                                            goal!

                                                                        fun group!

                                                                            goal!
                                                                            Czech


                                                                it was pouring rain
                                                                        the original 3
                                                                    that became 5 :)
                                                                            Slovenia  10,480
                                                                            Slovakia

                                                                    what a great afternoon!
                                                      the "hockey cards" that were made of us


                                                                the fan zone emptied out
                                                                    Canada vs Switzerland

                                                                    all the free stuff I got
                                                        I had to make a card with my glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment