Translate

Sunday, May 26, 2024

Ice Hockey Finals CZ vs SUI

The Czech Ice Hockey Team were playing in the FINALS!!!!  The last time they won a gold medal was in 2010 and the last time they hosted and won was in 1985.  There was a small chance that I could've gone to the Cannes International Film Festival in France, but unfortunately it didn't work out.  Since it didn't work out, I told my parents that Czech Republic would win the gold medal.  I wanted to celebrate part of history, so I made sure I went to Old Town Square to watch the finals on the large tv.  The last time they had a huge tv set up in Old Town Square was 9 years ago.  The cool thing is that I got to watch the quarterfinals inside the stadium, the semifinals in the fan zone and the finals in Old Town Square.  There were 15,000 people watching the game with me.  It was an insane atmosphere.  Leoš and I got to the area an hour beforehand and it was a good thing we did because we had a great spot to watch the game.  It was a tense game because everyone thought Sweden would win and there weren't any goals until the third period.  Finally, Pastrnak made a goal and CZ was winning 1-0.  The Swedes tried to play with an empty net, but CZ made another goal to make it 2-0.  Everyone was basically holding their breath until the end. The last couple seconds of the game everyone could breathe and celebrate.  The celebrations were crazy.  Everyone was so happy.  It was so amazing to be part of it.  And the best part is that two of the top three players for the Czech Team play for the Anaheim Ducks, which is my home team in California. When Leoš and I were in California for Christmas, we got to see Dostal (the goalie) play.  I made a sign in Czech when we went to the game and Dostal was happy and smiling when we saw my sign.  Great job Team Czech.  Congrats on the win and the gold medal!!!!


                                                 I had a lady nearby draw a flag on my cheek

                                                    fan zone next to O2 arena





                                              I needed to rest my legs because of the day before













                                                                Old Town Square was packed!!
                                                              people celebrating on Dlouha street
                                          the players in the bus headed for Old Town Square
                                                    players celebrating on top of the bus
                                                        the crowd that came for the players

No comments:

Post a Comment