Translate

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Ait Ourir (Morocco)

I had a delicious breakfast and then lunch. In Morocco they dip their bread in argan oil.  I had never had it before and I immediately enjoyed the taste.  I knew that this was something I needed to buy. I had heard of argan oil for hair products or beauty products, but not for food consumption. It was delicious!!! I needed to rest in the morning and early afternoon because of all the walking I did the previous day. I went to Ait Ourir with my friend and got to stay at his grandma's house.  I was welcomed with food and tea.  The next day we walked around the remains of a palace and then hiked up a tall hill to overlook the views of the surrounding area.  There were others who had hiked the steep hill as well, so I took their photos.  It was so surprising to see snow in the distance.  I had no idea that there was snow in Morocco. I only imagined the Sahara desert and no snow at all, I was wrong!

delicious breakfast
delicious lunch
let's eat!
had free time, so a friend put this on me
mint tea and snacks
with my friend's family in Ait Ourir
nice window
walking around the palace remains at Ait Ourir
large door
walking around inside
uninhabitable now
me chilling in a doorway
walking around the area
Morocco
Morocco
snow in the distance?!!!
another mountain peak with snow
Morocco
Morocco  9290
Morocco
Morocco

No comments:

Post a Comment