Translate

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Dressed up as Amazigh (Ait Ourir, Morocco)

When I got back to Ait Ourir I was on the hunt for argan oil.  It was the main "souvenir" I wanted to bring back with me.  We went back to the "mountain goat's" house because the women of the household wanted to dress me up like an Amazigh (Berber) woman.  This trip has been such a go with the flow trip so I thought why not. The ladies had fun putting the clothes on me and it looked quite nice.  After dress up was done I found my argan oil!! I had a wonderful time in the Atlas Mountains and Ait Ourir, but it was time to get back to Marrakech.  Thanks for the wonderful memories and hospitality!!!

with the wonderful ladies who dressed me up
Morocco (she kept repeating OK whenever I said it, haha!)
Morocco
Morocco
Morocco  (if you look closely you can see an Amazigh tattoo on her chin)
with my glasses
i'm Amazigh now
Morocco    9320

No comments:

Post a Comment