Translate

Friday, March 29, 2019

Petra, Jordan

When I was a child I really liked watching Indiana Jones.  My favorite one was The Last Crusade.  The setting for that movie was in Petra, Jordan.  I didn't think a place like that really existed. When I got older I realized that in does in fact exist.  I had to get to Petra and see it for myself.  Finally when I found a very good price for an airline ticket, I had to go.  I was so lucky to meet a local to show me around the area and experience parts of Petra that most tourists don't see.  It was absolutely incredible.   The photos are not in order, they are mixed from my cell photos and my camera.  I felt like I was on another planet.  I highly recommend everyone to try and get to Petra. 

sunrise...gotta get up early to take the bus
got a delicious sandwich from this stand next to the bus stop in Amman
entrance to Petra
let's explore!
beautiful poppy
different colors of rock
the treasury!!
gotta get a selfie
and another!!!
high sacrifice area
stacked rocks
a kind old lady that enjoyed hugs
traditional tattoos of Bedouin people
amazing!
inside a cave
kissing a camel
inside the siq
yup, its such an amazing place!
rocks rocks rocks
high view of the Treasury
WOW  (the tiny dots are people!)
close up!
USA   9380
Jordan
USA
USA
Jordan 
a tea stand
JORDAN
another planet
is this real?
walk walk walk
cowboy in the distance
ruins
monastery
just carved in the rocks
nice views
cool view point
don't fall!!
nice
building in the distance
i felt so small
another view of the monastery
sleeping area
candles to light up the cave
what is really was like
door to the cave!
Jordan  9385
Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment