Translate

Friday, March 29, 2019

Wadi Rum, Jordan

After Petra, I needed to figure out a way to get to Wadi Rum because that is where my friend was waiting for me.  I was able to catch a bus from Petra to Wadi Rum.  The strange thing, is that I was the ONLY person on the bus.  It cost me 15JD to get there which is actually more than the bus cost from Amman to Petra, but it was the only way I could quickly get there and safely.   For a private bus, the price was pretty good.  The bus driver was really nice and made a few stops along the way so I could take some pictures.  I finally got to Wadi Rum and now I had to find my friend.  Her friend met me and took me to the location of where they were climbing.  He told me to follow the steps and look for the trees in the distance.  I followed the stairs into the mountains and luckily it was pretty easy to find them.  As soon as my friend saw me, she made me go up to the cliff so I could abseil down the cliff.  It was great!  It was my third time abseiling.  I have done it in California, South Africa and now Jordan!  Afterwards we made lunch, then we drove into the desert to see some different sights.  We went up a sand dune, watched the sunset and then into a siq.  After we left Wadi Rum we went to another village for dinner and games.  It was a fun filled day and I got to meet so many wonderful people.  My friend organized everything because she has an adventure group for women, you can find the company here. If you are ever in Jordan and want adventure, I recommend you contact her.

bus all to myself!!!
made a postcard  :)
on a train
all aboard!!
Wadi Rum
beautiful!
color contrasts were awesome
there they are!
felt so small
about to abseil!
with my friend!
lunch spot
homemade water spout
so many many tomatoes!

helping with the cooking
another angle
some of the group
Jordan
Jordan
Jordan
Jordan   9390
Jordan
Jordan
Jordan
Jordan
Jordan
lunch time!
let's eat!
Jordan
Yemen
Jordan
Jordan
Jordan   9400
my stone couch
the desert
my scarf I bought in Petra
water spring in the desert
camel and car
I wish I went on it
sunset
in front of the siq
balance
Jordan
Jordan   9402
dinner
inside a camp area
playing a game
looks pretty.....too much wind and it didn't work....
warming up by the fire

No comments:

Post a Comment