Translate

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Jerash, Jordan

I stumbled across some pictures of Jerash and decided that I HAD to visit because it was just 1 hour north of Amman.  I was running low on time and my friend was nice enough to come with me for the visit.  I went on my LAST day in Jordan.  After the trip I headed straight to the airport.  It was the last place I visited in Jordan and I am so incredibly happy that I went.  Apparently Jerash has the most well preserved Roman ruins outside of Italy.  Since I didn't have much time, my friend told me that we would need to leave around 6am.  It was so early, but I knew I had to do it.  We arrived to Jerash before the gates even opened, so we had to wait around a little bit.  It was worth it to get there early because we were one of the first people there and it was amazing to see the place empty. I couldn't believe the size of the place.  I didn't expect the area to be as big as it was.  There were so many amazing structures to see and I got to take postcard like photos with no people! It was so great.  I kept thinking how amazing it was and how strange it was that no one was there yet.  I even got a picture of myself in an empty theater!!!  I had no idea a place like this existed in Jordan and I'm so glad I stumbled upon pictures of it.  It was such an amazing way to finish my wonderful trip to Jordan.  I truly had a wonderful time!!! Thanks to all those who made it so great!!!  The hospitality in Jordan was awesome!

the entrance
one of the first to arrive
welcome to my house
empty
handstand! 
all to myself!!
whatttt?

 nice frame
 
im a statue
looking out to one theater
with my friend
old writing
almost no one
cheers to tea
Jordan
Jordan
Jordan   9419
very cool structures
awesome guys!
all to myself!!! that's me in the center!!!
i couldn't believe where i was
spring!
i'm a statue
i'm a gladiator 
Jordan!
last street art
souvenir from the airport....

1 comment: