Translate

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Tidssi (Morocco)

I had wanted to visit the mountains in Morocco, so my friend made it possible.  He told me that there can be snow in the mountains.  I had no idea that there is snow in Morocco.  I told him that I had to see with my own eyes and that I wanted to make a snowman.  It wasn't the easiest to get to.  We went with one of his relatives and stayed with that relative's relatives.   I got to stay in a secluded village in the mountains.  The view from the village was amazing. The stars at night were breathtaking.  I don't think I have ever seen stars so beautiful.  There was very little light pollution. I felt very lucky that I got to stay in the village.  I had no idea villages like the one I went to existed.  When we hiked up the mountains, we were the only "visitors" to the mountain besides a man with his mountain goat.  My friend's relative was like a mountain goat.  He was able to jump and run up the mountain so easily.  I gave him my camera to take photos of  the peaks that I couldn't get to.  They were quite awesome!  When I google Tidssi it only shows the location on the map, but all the pictures do not actually show the village, so I really got to go somewhere tourists have never been to before.  The SIM card I had in my phone (Inwi) didn't get reception in the village.  I had to climb up a steep hill in order to get reception.  Since we couldn't use the internet for entertainment at night we played Czech games I brought and also made origami with the paper I brought.  It was truly an amazing experience.  I am go grateful to have been able to visit!!!   (photos are a bit out of order)

rock valley on the way to the village
the "mountain goat"
on the way to the village
first village we came across
look at the houses
the red building looks out of place
another village we walked by
riverbed
snow in the distance!!!
cute lamb!
day for hiking!
lets go to the snow
mountain sheep
iceeeeee
Morocco
ice in Morocco
heavy!!
first little snowmen
nicely constructed snowman!
a Moroccan snowman!!! (never thought I would make one)
pics the "mountain goat" took
nice ice
frozen waterfall
very cool
frozen flowing water?
incredible
mountain goat



getting reception on my phone (taken by my friend from where we were staying)
where my friend was taking the photo of me getting cell phone reception
Morocco
Morocco
Morocco 9315
me with the lovely ladies
traditional outdoor oven
we had to hike 7km to get to the main road
me in the back of a truck
roadside sales of clay products
nice colors in the mountains
leaving the village
view of a village
leaving the village to get to the main road
not a single car past us for the 7km
view from where I stayed in the village
view of the village from where I got cell phone reception

No comments:

Post a Comment