Translate

Monday, March 11, 2019

Hike to Mala and Velka Amerika (Czech Republic)

I saw an event for a hike to Mala and Velka Amerika.  I have seen a lot of my friends' pictures of the place, but I had never been there myself.  I had no idea that it was quite close to Karlstejn.  We took the train that cost me 39czk one way (because I have a Litacka card). The train direction is to Beroun.  Then we walked through the town which seemed like a ghost town because no one was there.  As soon as we got to the castle area I understood why it seemed like a ghost town. The castle is closed on Mondays.  We took the trail next to the castle entrance which were red and white stripes.  Then we had to get to the yellow trail.  We first got to Mala Amerika and it was quite nice.  The next area didn't have water in it and a bunch of trucks were doing some work at the bottom of the quarry.  The next quarry had some water, but not that much because it hasn't rained that much.  Then FINALLY we got to Velka Amerika.  The view was very nice.  However, there were some dangerous parts because I saw little remembrance areas for people who have died in the area.  Then we walked back and took the train back to Praha.  It was quite windy, but a nice enjoyable day.  2 days later at 3am I got a text from one of the hikers saying that they didn't want their picture on the internet, so that is why there are 2 pictures with blobs of grey.  From over 9000 people on my blog, this is just the second time in which this has happened.

in the train
on our way to Karlstejn castle
Karlstejn
completely empty!!!
trail from the side of the castle
completely frozen water
Mala Amerika
Karlstejn in the distance
luckily i was able to stop a runner nearby and confirm this was the way to go
more trail
a shocking surprise
through a field
Canada
Puerto Rico


Ukraine  9340
part of a memorial
England
the group
finally made it here!
will definitely come back here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment