Translate

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Dead Sea, Jordan

My friend was really urging me to check out the Dead Sea.  The hotels were quite expensive, so I decided to do just a day trip.   A friend that I met while going to Petra told me that she was able to pay for day use at the Crown Plaza hotel.  I made a couple phone calls to verify the price and decided to go.  It cost 20JD for the day.  I was able to use the hotel facilities and enjoy a nice beach.  It was great to be able to use the hotel facilities because it was kind of cold the day I went.  I was able to enjoy the Dead Sea the best I could on such a gloomy day.  The salt in the water was CRAZY!!!  It was soooo easy to float! I was even able to float horizontally (standing up)!!  One of the lifeguards at the hotel was super nice.  He put super dark (black) mud on my friends and I, then gave us a salt rub.  It felt luxurious and my skin felt sooooo incredibly soft afterwards.  I am really happy that I decided to go to the Dead Sea. 

the Dead Sea
about to apply mud on my face
here was the first mud I used
I did an ok job putting the mud on myself
floating was soooo easy
no one in the water
super black mud
Belgium 9410
the lifeguard and his creations!
Netherlands
nice color of the water
i was given a bottle of the mud
view from the hotel
another view from the hotel
kanafeh  (delicious dessert)

No comments:

Post a Comment